Pastecard is like a digital version of stuff you scribble on the back of your hand. The advantage is you can erase it when you don’t need it anymore, instead of washing your hand or throwing away another sticky note. Try it for any of these situations:
- Grocery lists
- To-dos and reminders
- Driving directions
- Links to view later
- Phone numbers
- and more!
- To sign up, fill out the form on the sign up page.
- To see your Pastecard, just go to your Pastecard URL. No login required!
- To install Pastecard on iOS, go to your Pastecard URL in Safari and tap the share icon in the bottom toolbar. Choose “Add to Homescreen” and tap the Done button.
- To install Pastecard on Android, go to your Pastecard URL in Chrome and tap the menu icon at the upper right. Choose “Add to home screen” and tap the Add button.
- Go to your Pastecard URL to see your saved text in a readable card view.
- Click or tap on the card to make it editable, and you can make changes or copy text to your clipboard.
- Once you’re done editing, click or tap “Save” to save your changes permanently, or “Cancel” to discard your changes. Either button will return you to the card view.
- If you install Pastecard to your home screen and launch it when your device has no WiFi or cellular connection, Pastecard will attempt to display the last-saved version of your text in an offline read-only mode.
- Under read-only mode, you won’t be able to make any edits until you relaunch the app under an active connection.
- Pastecard does not use passwords: if someone knows your Pastecard URL, they have the same access you do. Please don’t use Pastecard for any sensitive information.
- If you’re concerned about privacy, we recommend choosing a username that you don’t use anywhere else.
- Only the current version of your Pastecard is saved. There is no way to undo or recover old text.
You can always email email@example.com if:
- You want to change your Pastecard URL
- You want to delete your account
- Anything else not addressed here!
- The only data Pastecard collects from you is your username and your card text. We never share this with anybody.
- However, there are no passwords. Anyone can view and/or edit your Pastecard if they know your username. Pastecard does not claim responsibility for the privacy nor the security of your card text.
- We may modify the service from time to time, hopefully always to make it better.
- We will delete your account if you use it in a bad way. We reserve the right to define what those bad ways are.
- We use Freehostia for our web host, Let’s Encrypt for SSL, and Google for email.